Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Unexpected Revelation from my Backyard Avocados



It all started when I was hang drying our towels. I had been doing chores all morning. As I looked down on the ground in my backyard, I started to smile: I see a little bright green avocado. Smiling, I know that the season is now coming. I get happy as I see not one but two, three, four, five more avocados, scattered. I began to gather them with my two hands, but that wasn’t enough. I quickly ran inside my kitchen to get a container to gather this new harvest of Tampa avocados. Friends have told me that you know an avocado is ripe once the fruit falls out of the tree. To be frank, I’m not a gardener, nor do I have a green thumb by any means- I’ve killed baby cactuses. But there’s something comforting about my avocado and lemon tree. I didn’t have to do a thing, God did all the work. Its just another way that he provides. In the midst that I sometimes feel like my faith is stale, little avocados like these make me realize that God is always there and always providing.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Mara, this is such a beautifully worded post about such a beautiful event!

    ReplyDelete