Friday, August 6, 2010

Vegetarian Smoothie

10/2009-5/2010 R.I.P.

Today...is a day of sadness and mourning for me. One of the potential beacons of cultural and artistic hope for Tampa just got brought out by New Way Cafe: The Organic Juice lounge & co op. It was right located in a house right off of Florida avenue. Basically, they served original juice and smoothie concoctions, adorned in kick ass Frida Kahlo/Dia De los Muertos decor. Well, I wanted to swing by there this week and saw that they got bought out for a sports bar trying to cram into a tiny house....just doesnt seem right....maybe one day i'll check out the new place, but it will never be the same...Just when Tampa was starting to really emerge into a novice arts portal, it once again, seemed to have backfired.
Let's have a moment of silence, people.



ON the bright side, I, Mara Latorre, created one of the most magnificent concoctions, ever. It was a smoothie with 7 leaves of spinach, 1/4 of an avocado, yellow mango, ripened banana, orange juice, almond milk, ginger, honey, and yes...psyllium husk [its for heart and colon health]

it sounds like a monster....but it was amazing. very refreshing...and to tell you the truth, you couldnt even distinguish the flavor of the spinach or avocado. Im going to start looking into vegetable smoothie recipes. Seriously people, start incorporating vegetables into your smoothies...its healthy and good!

I WILL be on the lookout for another obscure juice bar here in Tampa...one that is NOT a tropical smoothie or Jamba juice. Until then, enjoy the smoothie recipe I just posted!

2 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds like a winner! I will definetely try it, I LOVE smoothies but never really though of vegetable smoothies, time to start GOOGLING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veggie smoothies are some of my favorites! I will def give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete